Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thought for the Day

We all know what modern life is like. In the madness and maelstrom of rushing here and there, from meetings to emails to text messages to phonecalls (I counted tonight, I have four phone numbers) to chasing up some clampett that hasn't done what they said they'd do, a wee blast of cold fresh thought just hits every now and again to stop me dead in my tracks. It's good. It's a wake up moment, a reality check. Today's was an old hymn by Horatius Bonar, circa 1860:

I hear the accuser roar
Of ills that I have done
I know them well, and thousands more...


...Jehovah findeth none

2 comments:

John Killian said...

Jesus told His disciples to rejoice because the names are written in Heaven.
The verse of song that you have quoted is a tremendous spirit lifter. Thank you for your Gospel focus.

Mark Thompson said...

John,
Always good to hear from you in Alabama. Trust all is well. What do you make of Sen James Webb (VA)?

Mark