Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Field Marshal Montgomery @ The Ulster Hall

The Ulster Hall concert went well last night. I took a few pics of the band rehearsing - here's one of them. On a previous post I said I'd take some pics of the crowd, but the house lights on the stage are so bright that there was no point trying to take a pic of the audience, so you'll just have to use your imagination!



Also on stage during the evening were Brian Kennedy (I must admit I'm not much of a fan, but he sang brilliantly last night) and Frank Cassidy (a superb 10 string bouzouki player). A big thank you to Field Marshal Montgomery Pipe Band for the opportunity, and to the audience for the unexpected cheer when I took to the stage! (I wonder if it was that Aiblins fellow who co-ordinated that?)

2 comments:

Ulsterscot said...

It wasn't me!

Although I do admit that both the Missus and I did join in with the guttural Ulster "Yo!" that starts somewhere in one's boots - and we clapped mightily.

Could it be that the media might be wrong and the people are embracing their heritage? Watch this space....

Colin Maxwell said...

Mark!

Did you know that there is no Ulster Scots word or eqiuivalent for gullible?

Fair fa' ye!